The June kit is here!
Here's what the kit includes:
* 10 sheets of Cherry Arte Paper from the His & Her Basics Collection
(2 sheets each of 5 different double sided papers. Reverse side of above papers is shown below.)
* 3 sheets of Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock - Phoenix, Salt and Pepper
* Creek Bank Creations 6" Chipboard Scroll
* American Crafts Platforms White Chipboard Thickers
* Cherry Arte Rub Ons - Her Basics
* Butterfly Journaling Card
* Assorted Red & Black Buttons
* Stickles - Xmas Red
* Glitz Red Rhinestones in 2 different sizes
* Red Flower Felt - 24 inch piece
* Black & White Circle Ribbon- 12 inch piece
We've put together a mini kit for June using Cherry Arte Papers, and mised them up with dotted Swiss cardstock and matching embellishments. Lots of fun ribbons and great rub ons complete the collection. The kit has a value of over $21.00 and we're offering it for only $14.99
Let's see what Marcie Morgan designed with this month's kit...

I love the way Marcie used the felt in this kit. Instead of running all the way across the page she does it part of way. A great idea for many different kinds of ribbon. The journaling card shown comes in the kit anad was custom made for Creek Bank Creations Kit Club. I love the way Marcie used The tape writer to accent the journaling spot. GREAT IDEA!! The base of this layout is build on white dotted swiss cardstock...then Marcie took the red dotted swiss and cut it out using the pattern of another piece of paper she had that had been die cut. She then accented it with her black Copic Markers. The journaling spot is accneted with the red stickles that comes with the kit.

If you look closely at the title you'll notice a collection of different rub on's used on the title. When I asked Marcie what rub on's those were she started laughing and said she didn't know. She explained she has a bowl near her work surface that she throws letters in that are extra from the various sheets of rub ons she uses. Then when she needs letters she goes through the bowl and mixes up the styles for a unique look! I thought this was a great idea that many of you would enjoy trying! We have several styles of rub ons at a special price on the site.


This paper offers flowers and serious designs...and then right in the middle of the collection there is a sheet that has printed text on it just for boys. It offers many options for design, and because the papers are two sided you can always flip them over to a new design.

The scroll on the page is Creek Bank Creations 6" scroll. The scroll has been colored Black with Copic Marker, then put into versa mark and ultra thick embossing powder. The step by step instructions to do this are on the website here.

I like the way Marcie used the bling on the corner, and then how about a torn edge along a sewn edge?


A great little card...
I've been thinking for the past few weeks that I'd like to put a small group of photos together into a book. When I saw this kit coming together I knew I wanted to put the book together.

Our family hasn't always had an easy life. In 1993 our second child Kelsey was born with a rare illness. Kelsey lived three years before passing away. Our family struggled along in our grief, and tried to regroup. A few years later we were involved in a car accident and my son suffered a serious back injury. Two years into his recovery...and he broke two vertabrae in his back. Doctors told us "he should plan on finding a do nothing job...because his back would always be in issue". These life circumstances have been stressful and difficult. 85% of marriages FAIL after loosing a child, to say nothing of the mounting stress from medical bills and did I mention raising a teenager?????
NOW my marriage is strong, we've held onto our faith, and our son is recovered. I've been choosing lately to be THANKFUL to God for answering my prayers...and chooisng to focus on the good things in our life. I refuse to let the negative things in my life be my focus. This book holds memories for me of happy times lately with my family. It celebrates the good memories God has blessed us with.
I wanted to build this book so I had room for the thicker letters, and I rounded off those chipboard pages with The Corner Chomper. The Corner Chomper rounds Chipboard pages and paper with ease!

The Challenge I gave myself:
Build the book using only what was in the kit. (I did end up adding a few ribbons and some favorite scriptures I typed out. ) I would only allow myself to use what was sitting on my work table, and in my tool bag. This challenge allowed me to finish the book in a fastest amount of time, and focus on the real reason I wanted to make the book.



I wanted to see if I could stamp a pattern on the thickers using a rubber stamp and stickles. It didn't turn out the greatest...but it did offer me a different look. I made this little embellishment with my circle punches, Heidi Swapp distress took and stickles.
The paper on the back of the L page got turned upside down...I decided perhaps "family tradition" upside down wasn't such a bad idea for us!

I love the text that comes on this paper. The paper says "boys have big dreams" and the photos show my son hugging my husband after winning a trophy at a wrestling tournament. This was a BIG dream for a young man who the previous year could NOT walk after wrestling practice.
I suppose not many people think of work as a gift...unless you want to and can't. My son worried so much about this. He finally told Dad and I last fall he wanted to try and work at Steak and Shake. We both felt he was doing better, but deep within my heart I was worried. He was confident as he managed to get the job. Then as he left for work his first day he said to me as he was walking out the door, "I sure hope I can stand on my feet for this 4 hours!" He has been the "burger boy" for nearly a year and LOVES his job.


The chipboard book shown does not come with the kit. You can order it here.

I hope you don't mind me sharing a bit of my personal journey. Let me encourage you to take time to make scrapbook pages or mini books that tell your story. They are a lasting memory that can be cherished forever.

If you've never heard about our Build A Book Program you can read about it on our website here.

If you don't know how to finish chipboard with pattern paper you can learn how to do that on our website here.

Order the June Kit here!

I'm on the road this week traveling with the boys to The Great American Scrapbook Show in Arlington, Texas. I've left the shop in good hands with the girls at home, so if you are in the area remember the shop is open on Friday from 10am-5pm. We've had several ladies in on Friday's to scrapbook and that's been fun! Feel free to join us any Friday from 10am-5pm for just $5.00. Just let us know you are coming!

Keep Scrapbooking!

Tom and Julie Creek

Creek Bank Creations, Inc.

101 Ross Street

Muncie, IL 61857

(217)-548-2132

creekbc@comcast.net

No comments: