Accordion Rectangle Frame Card

Accordion Rectangle Frame Card

Karen Burniston continues to pump out fantastic die shapes while working with the Manufacturer Elizabeth Crafts. Today we will look at the Accordion Rectangle Card  and the Katie Frame Flourish Edges Die and learn to how make a great Mother's Day Card!


The first thing you will want to do is open the Accordion Rectangle package and separate the pieces of the die.  This die package actually has 5 pieces in it.  I separate the pieces using my button shank remover tool, but any snips that reach into the space will work.  To make the card we are building today you need the large rectangle piece.  You can set the other pieces aside for now.

 I made a three page card.  This means when you cut the large page pieces you need to cut three pieces.  I have found some heavyweight cardstock is best for this project.  (Bazzill)  You can make a larger piece if you want to, just cut more pages!
I accented my card with the Katy Frame Flourish edges.  You will need to die cut this piece 6 times to get all the edges covered like I did.  There is a trick to this and I show that in the video below. 

I have accented my card with the Mason Jar Die Set.  You will find more details on that below.  

I accented all the edges of my card and pieces using the ink blending tool and Tim Holtz Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy. 


It's a fun card and you can build it into anything you want!  
Watch my video below to learn how!


Products Used

 


 





Bazzill Metallic Cardstock for lid. 


Orders over $50.00 ship FREE
We are a locally owned small shop.  If you learned something by our work please help us out and buy your supplies from our site!
Tom and Julie Creek
Creek Bank Creations, inc.
www.creekbankcreations.com
River Retreat House
$100.00 crafting weekends! 

2 comments:

BeverlyBL said...

Thought your card was so pretty. I'm going to get a head start on Mother's Day for my mother-in-law. She loves pink. Thanks so much.

Creek Bank Creations said...

Beverly,
Thanks for the kind words! It is a fun card! It is great to make a card for someone who will appreciate it!
Julie Creek