Family Wall Art

Family Wall Art

I recently ran across the folks from Clear Scraps and was amazed at the beautiful things that can be made with their products.  Today I will share with you the first of several projects that can be made with the clear products.
The product comes with a chipboard backing, and a clear front.  Simple Enough.  It only costs $12.99
I wanted to accent the piece with dictionary paper (cause I love it) and some wedding photos from my son and my daughter in love's wedding.

 I tore the pages out of the dictionary and tore them into random pieces.  I then accented the pieces of dictionary paper with Tim Holtz Distress ink Brushed Corduroy.  I adhere the paper to the chipboard piece using a small amount of Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.  I then used Creek Bank Creation's Big Brother Sanding Stick to clear up the edges.


I then took the clear part of the product and used a dry erase marker to trace the letter shape onto each photo.  Wipe off the marker with a tissue when you are finished.  If you get any on the clear product wipe it off.  Cut the letters out.  I wanted to mat my letters so I used my Magic Matter to mat each letter.  

I then got out my Beacon's 3 in 1 adhesive and put a small amount on the back of the letter F.  I carefully placed it onto the chipboard using the top piece as a guide.  Because the adhesive does not dry fast I have a small window of time to move the letter around and put it where I want to place it.  Isn't that swell?    Place each letter on the board.
I accented the top with Prima Flowers and Want 2 Scrap Bling.  I placed more Beacon's adhesive behind the flowers and the bling to hold the entire piece together.  If you want it more secure you can add small brads placed through holes punched with the Crop A Dile Tool.

This is a great project that I think you will enjoy.  
What a lovely gift to your family!

You can find all the products to make this on our website here!
Orders over $50.00 ship FREE in the United States!
Happy Creating!
Julie Creek
Creek Bank Creations, inc.
www.creekbankcreations.com

River Retreat House
$100.00 crafting weekends! 



No comments: