Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine

One does want to play with new things when they come out...don't you? Today I finally had the chance to sit down and play with Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine Papers.
Here's what Tim Holtz himself had to say about it..."- kraft glassine - okay, i'm just saying this is one of those products that you have to see and feel to really get how cool it is. remember when i introduced you to grungeboard? indescribable yet addicting! well here we are again with another totally new surface to create with. it's coated kraft paper that is semi-translucent that can be crumpled for an amazing suede look, printed on for a vintage background unlike anything you've seen before. i'm releasing pads of sheets to die cut, stamp on, whatever your creative heart desires as well as envelopes sized to mail your embellished ATC's and #8 tags. just you wait...i'm telling you now..."

Photobucket

I couldn't help but ask my son if I could make a layout that touched on his life. He gave in and let me use a photo of himself. (he long ago asked me to stop posting his photos everywhere!) There are lots of happy times around here, and this layout shows that. This young lady is full of joy, and she shares it with everyone she knows.

Photobucket
Oh yeh...the layout! The black background is Creative Imaginations corrugated paper. This 12x12 paper is fun to play around with. You can cut it in cricut, and you may notice that I've printed the photo on the back of it, and cut the paper rosette with it. The page is accented with 7 gypsies lille tickets, Tim Holtz filmstrip ribbon, a paper rosette and a flower.

Photobucket

I embossed the Kraft Glassine paper using a standard embossing die and my Cuttlebug machine. (I used the folder that came with the machine). I then die cut the kraft glassine paper with the Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Floral Die. I also used the die to cut a red flower, and a flower cut from 7 Gyspies beautiful paper. I folded the edges in, and inked them with Tim Hotlz Distress ink brushed corduroy ink, and stacked them all up. You can hold it all together with a brad from My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Love Decorative Brads.

I wanted to see how the Kraft Glassine would work when applying it to chipboard. The result was stunning. It has a look of leather! I embossed the piece, and adhered it to the chipboard heart with Scotch Quick Dry Ahdesive.

It's fun product that produces a great look! I hope you'll try it soon!
Supplies:
Creative Imaginations Black Corrugated Paper
7 Gypsies Lille Paper Crazy Love
7 Gypsies Lille Paper Beautiful
7 Gypsies Lille Tags
Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine Paper
Creek Bank Creations Primitive Heart
Creek Bank Creations Lil Sis Sanding Stick
My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Mabel "love" decorative brads
Tim Holtz Memo Pin
Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die
Red Cardstock
Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Die
Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Ink
Pop Dots (behind rosette die)
Bakers Twine

Try something new and give it a try!
Julie Creek
Creek Bank Creations, Inc.
www.creekbankcreations.com

2 comments:

zimmy471 said...

What settings do you use on your cricut for the Creative Imaginations corregated paper? This is a cool layout.
zimmy471@hotmail.com

Sandy Ang said...

it looks great