Ringer Binder Project


Using Tim Holtz Ring Binders...
You may of noticed a new fun product by Tim Holtz called Ring Binders. These small binders are great for making your own craft and photo projects. They can be added to projects by simply punching a hole and using the brads that come in the package to attach them.

I'm always looking for things to alter and play around with, and these fit that bill for sure!
Here's what I made with Tim Holtz Ring Binders!

Photobucket

I attached the ring binder to Creek Bank Creations 6x6 bracket chipboard and made a wall hanging of favorite photos from my son.
Photobucket

I covered the scallop chipboard piece with Stella and Rose Hattie Remember Rose Paper.

Photobucket

I used My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Hattie Happy polka Dots paper for the pages. I cut the pages to 5"x3.5".
Photobucket
I used buttons to make tabs on the bottom of the pages. I adhered them to the pages using Glossy Accents. Set them on the edge of the paper, and set them aside to dry.


Photobucket
The ATC Card Kit affirmations from 7 Gypsies had perfect quotes for me to use for this. This made the project fast and easy. I just cut them out and added them to the pages.

Photobucket

I matted photos on My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Hattie Boy Woven Stripes paper.


Photobucket
Before I put the ring binder on I adhered some old keys with Glossy Accents and let it dry. Then attach the binder with the brads provided. Notice that I ran a piece of ribbon through the binder holes first, this just softens the ring binder a bit. Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon was a great product to use for hanging, and I just adhered it with the Tiny Attacher.

I also used:
Creek Bank Creations Lil Sis Sanding Stick
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere paper to chipboard
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy

I think the great thing about this kind of project is who you can adapt it to so many uses. Graduation photos, recipes, girlfriends, a scripture holder...this list goes on and on!

Julie Creek
Creek Bank Creations, Inc.
101 Ross Street
Muncie, IL
www.creekbankcreations.com

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I love this project! clever use of the keys...just got rid of a huge box of old keys..aagghhhh!

Deb said...

Love the book and can't wait to get some ring binders and play! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!