The January kit is in stock and shipping!
I wanted to pick a selection of products this month that would give you the Valentine look, but that you could also use on many types of pages. I think Marcie put together a great kit that you will be able to take in many directions.

Photobucket


Love Layout by Marcie Morgan

Photobucket




Photobucket
The kit contains:
1 package Making Memories Red puffy letters (2 sheets)
1 yard cream crochet trim
1 yard red ball trim
1 custom ribbon ticket "Have I told you lately that I love you?"
5 Natural Prima cream flowers
2 chenille Flowers with centers
3 red centers (Prima) for Flowers Self Adhesive
2 Kraft cards My Minds Eye
1 ticket My Minds Eye
4 cardboard Hearts
1 custom title "love" from Glitter Paper
1 Die Cut Sheet My Minds Eye
3 Sheets matching cardstock
6 sheets Matching Pattern Paper (two sided) My Minds Eye
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Projects above by Marcie Morgan
I wanted to do something special with this kit. I actually completed the projects below!
Photobucket



A simple layout that offers you LOTS of room for LOTS of photos.
I really wanted to make layouts and projects that were built with papers from the kit. To do this I took the paper shown, and cut it up. I then put it back together. For example I cut the cardstock shown to 6x12. I then cut a strip from a scrap that measured 1x12. I coverd that strip with adhesive. I used that strip ON THE BACK to piece my pieces of paper together. This means I made the background for the layout above using 1 sheet of 12x12 paper, and one sheet of pattern paper!
I cut the tags from the kraft colored cardstock in the kit in my Cricut Machine. I used the cartridge Ashlyn's Alphabet and cut the tag at 2.75". Cut six tags for this layout.
I also cut a swirl with this same cartridge. Use the icon special feature and press the Q button. The size is 2", and I used the flip feature on the 12" machine. If you don't have the flip feature and you are cutting textured cardstock, you can put the cardstock on your mat face down. This will mean when you put the swirl on your page the heavy part of the swirl is on the far left.
I accented the edges with brown ink and used the paper distressor.
I also wanted to build a home for the tags to rest in. I started with a 3" border, and accented it with mini brads that were in my stash. The brads are placed so that the tags have a pocket of sorts to sit in. Place them 1/4" from the edge, every 4" on the sides and every 2" down the middle. (picture below)
Photobucket


Now once I add my tags, I can use the spaces that don't show for journaling!

Photobucket
I did add one thing to this page layout not in the kit.
Making Memories Tiny Alphabet Letters. I love these things! They come in many colors and have 468 pieces per set! They have a porous surface on them, so you can accent the edges with ink if you like!

If you look at the tops of the tags you'll see I accented them with paper whisps. These are made by cutting your paper into thin narrow strips. Gently tie them through holes for a great look! Curl the edges if you like and add alittle ink! (photo below)
Photobucket

I also made a mini book to fill with sweet things for Tom...

Photobucket


Photobucket

I took the paper I had left and cut 5 envelopes with my Cricut Machine. I used the Boxes, Bags and Tags cartridge. Use the blackout feature lower case. Size: 10.5 Press button tgpkt2

The machine will leave score marks where you should fold. I put the pockets in my paper cutter with the score blade in my Fiskars paper cutter and used it to give me nice deep scores. I then fold up the envelope and use tacky tape to seal the edges shut. (this tape, also known as red liner tape is a great thing to keep in your stash. You put it on your project, then peel off the front liner. It's great when you need a good adhesion, that won't give).

I needed fronts for my book. I used 2 pieces of heavyweight chipboard 5"x6". You can order those on our site here. Just put 2 of these in your shopping cart, then put 6" in the comments section so we know what size to send you. (all boards on this link are 5" tall).

I covered them with the papers I had left. See my instructions for covering chipboard with pattern paper here. You will need our sanding stick to finish the job properly!

I bound this book using my Zutter Machine and a 1" white wire. You could easily use snap rings.

Now I needed five tags for the pockets. I had to add two sheets of kraft colored cardstock here from my stash. Choose a color you like. Cut 5 tags with your cricut machine and the same cartridge. Press scltop for the tag. Size: 5.5" Lower Case.

I accented the book with pieces and embellishments I had left in my kit! Nothing extra added!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Now if you are thinking..."that's really great but I don't have those cartridges or that Zutter machine" let me remind you...That is why we have crops here at Creek Bank Creations, Inc. The crop room is filled with tools like this that you can USE while you are here. So if you want to make the layouts or projects and you don't have the tools, or don't know how to use the tools please join a crop and we'll show you how! If you are a local customer remember you can pay for the items you want now, and choose the local pick up option. We will hold them for you until you come to pick them up. This is a good idea for items like this kit that will sell out! Don't wait!

Dates:

We are closed this Friday January 15th. We will be open every other Friday from now on from 10am-5pm. The crop room is open every Friday from 10am-5pm for only $5.00. Please register online so that we know you are coming.

We will be open Saturday Jan 30th for a day crop from 10am-11pm. It's only $5.00. Sign Up here!

Our next big two day crop is Feb. 12 & 13th. We have people coming from all over...you don't want to miss the fun! Sign up for the Feb 210 Crop Here. Please remember that if you want food you need to prepay via the website by Feb. 13th. Please help us keep our paperwork straight and register and pay for meals online. If you have questions about the security of our site and server please email me at creekbc@comcast.net.

On another note...I know many of you have been at home during these winter months scrapbooking! It's a great time to sort, organize and purge! We are planning another Scrapbook Garage Sale June 5, 2010. If you want to go ahead and register, you can. We will let you know your number and you can start marking your things for resale! I already have a pile in my crop room at home! Read the details of how we do this here!

Keep Scrapbooking!

Julie Creek

Creek Bank Creations, Inc.

101 Ross Street

Muncie, IL 61857

(217)-548-2132

www.creekbankcreations.com

No comments: